Moissanite Stones Information
Do you know about moissanite?
Yes, I am familiar with moissanite. Moissanite is a gemstone that was first discovered in 1893 by French chemist Henri Moissan, hence the name. It is composed of silicon carbide and is known for its brilliance, sparkle, and durability. Moissanite has a similar appearance to diamonds, and it can sometimes be used as a diamond alternative in jewelry. It has gained popularity due to its affordability and eco-friendly nature, as it is typically lab-created rather than mined. Moissanite is valued for its hardness on the Mohs scale, which measures a gemstone's resistance to scratching. It is considered a 9.25 on the scale, making it one of the hardest gemstones available.
Where can I buy moissanite from manufacturer?
There are several reputable manufacturers and retailers that specialize in moissanite jewelry. Some popular options include Charles & Colvard, and CZGemstones.com. These companies offer a wide selection of moissanite jewelry, including engagement rings, earrings, necklaces, and more. Simply visit their websites to explore their collections and make a purchase directly from the manufacturer. Additionally, you may also find moissanite jewelry available at local jewelry stores or through online marketplaces such as Etsy. It's always a good idea to research and read reviews before making a purchase to ensure you're buying from a reliable source.
How to cut a moissanite stone?
Cutting a moissanite stone should only be done by trained and experienced professionals in a gem-cutting facility. It requires specialized equipment, skills, and expertise to cut and shape the stone properly.
If you have a rough moissanite stone that you'd like to have cut, I recommend contacting a reputable jeweler or gemstone cutter who specializes in working with moissanite. They will be able to guide you through the process and provide you with options for cutting and shaping the stone according to your preferences.It's important to note that attempting to cut a moissanite stone yourself without the proper tools and knowledge can lead to irreversible damage and loss of value. Therefore, it's always best to leave the cutting and shaping of moissanite stones to professionals.
How much per carat for moissanite stone?
The price of a moissanite stone can vary depending on its size and quality. On average, moissanite stones can range anywhere from $200 to $800 per carat. However, keep in mind that this is a general price range and it can fluctuate based on factors such as the shape, color, cut, and clarity of the stone. Additionally, prices may also vary between different retailers and manufacturers. It's always a good idea to compare prices and do some research before making a purchase to ensure you're getting the best value for your money.
If you can buy moissanite stones from us, it's just low $15 to $30 per carat, because we are real manufactuer and give you best quote, we help you to save a lot money!
What's difference between moissanite and diamond?
Moissanite and diamonds are two distinct gemstones with some notable differences. Here are a few key differences between moissanite and diamonds:
1. Composition: Moissanite is composed of silicon carbide (SiC), while diamonds are composed of pure carbon.
2. Origin: Moissanite gemstones can be created in a laboratory, while diamonds form naturally deep within the Earth's mantle over millions of years.
3. Hardness: Diamonds are the hardest known natural substance, scoring a perfect 10 on the Mohs scale of hardness. Moissanite is also a very hard gemstone, but it ranks slightly lower at 9.25 on the Mohs scale.
4. Brilliance and Fire: Both moissanite and diamonds exhibit exceptional brilliance, which refers to the bright white light returned to the eye. However, moissanite has a higher refractive index than diamonds, resulting in increased fire, which refers to the dispersion of colored light. Therefore, moissanite tends to display more colorful flashes compared to diamonds.
5. Color: Diamonds occur in various colors, ranging from colorless to yellow, brown, or even fancy colors like pink or blue. Moissanite, on the other hand, typically appears near colorless, with a slight yellow or green tint in some cases.
6. Price: Generally, moissanite is more affordable than diamonds of similar size and quality. This price difference is due to the rarity and natural formation of diamonds.
Ultimately, the choice between moissanite and diamonds comes down to personal preference, budget, and desired characteristics. Some people appreciate the durability and brilliance of moissanite, while others prefer the timeless allure and investment value of diamonds.
We are happy to help you if you have any questions! Welcome to contact us !